Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Very Random Thoughts

It snowed today for the first time of the season! Well, technically it's maybe the third time, but this is the first *real* snow, as there is actually a little bit of accumulation. It's exciting, though I get pissed every time I have to walk anywhere and I have snow blowing in my face.

Umm, classes are still going well. Got a test back today in my Goverment class and I did well on it. Took a Calculus test this morning (even after being up til 4AM, due to a situation which was beyond my control)... I think that went well too. Hopefully I'll get it back on Wednesday.

I should probably be sleeping right now, but I didn't get back to my dorm until 3.30AM. I had been hanging out with some people at their dorm... Naturally, I decided it would be a good time to do some extra things such as organize my room, shave, etc... On my way back from the bathroom I ran into my neighbor, who is an international student.

Now, Hiram doesn't have a *ton* of international students, but I personally know two of them, and know who a few of the other ones are. It really is a cool opportunity though. I asked by friend Robin (who is from Nepal, I believe) what he was doing up at this ridiculous hour (4AM)! He said he was up doing work. (WORK?! I thought)

(That's another thing... based on knowing 2 of them, I have come to the conclusion that all international students have impeccable work ethics) Ya I don't know why I used two sets of parenthesese there but whatever. So I talked briefly to Robin and he asked me if I could take a look at the paper he had been writing. I was about to go to bed, but I don't have class tommorow morning so I was glad to help. Robin seems very smart (I had a discussion with him about a math problem once, and this kid knows his shit), but he certainly finds writing to be a bit difficult since English isn't his primary language. I am a pretty decent writer and was able to help him out a lot (I hope), and he was very appreciative.

That's not the point though... the point is just that there are a ton of incredible and interesting people in this college and I'm glad to be able to meet some of them. The international students are certainly an interesting group, and I feel that it's really cool to get to know someone who is from the other side of the world, and used to totally different culture.

However, it is now 5AM and I would prefer to not sleep until dinner tommorow so it is probably best for me to get to sleep.

--David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home