Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Homework

It's 2.00AM right now and I'm supposed to have read a 20 page essay... and tommorow morning I'm turning in a 2 page, double spaced response to the essay, as well as typing out a list of discussion questions regarding the reading.

Furthermore I have like 9 math problems to do which are about 3D calculus

I'm also supposed to have prepared myself for a class discussion/debate in my political science class.

I'm experienced in handling these situations, though. A few strategies

1) Prioritize -- the calculus isn't going to be collected. I'll do it over the weekend or something.
2) Selective/skilled/bullshitted writing -- I am an expert at writing about thing I have not read. I try to avoid it as much as possible, because it's a bad habit to get into... but sometimes it's necessary. Plus, it's possible to do a good job like this, too... if you read just enough, scattered pieces and parts, to have something to write about.
3) Procrastinate -- I can do my poli sci tommorow before class...

See? Now I only have to do 2 things instead of 4! And I'm going to skip the actual reading part. This is called problem solving.

(Oh, and for the record, don't get the impression that I am some slacker who doesn't care about his schoolwork... I worked on a calculus project today for almost 8 hours... it's 12 pages long)

Anyways, now I've wasted another 25 minutes talking online and writing this post. I should get to work soon... class is in 7 hours.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home