Monday, October 02, 2006

College Time

I was writing a paper yesterday, which I finished at about 4PM. Last week I wrote about 4 pages of it (double spaced), and yesterday I added another 4 pages or so. My Professor agreed to look over my paper for me (because it was due this morning), so I dropped off a copy of it for him to read. He said we could get together sometime in the evening to go over it.

He suggested some time around 10PM, but then never gave me an exact time or place... so I gave him a call at about 10.00. Turns out that he had a piece of his own writing that he was working on (a 30 page article about something regarding the history of Chinese culture or something like that). His paper needed to be submitted for publication no later than midnight, so he suggested that we get together at 12.15.

Now, I had his class at 9.30, so looking at my paper with him at 12.15 did seem a little late, but I wasn't bothered by this. I thought it was more funny than anything else.

I met with him at about 12.20 and talked until at least 1.00 or 1.15... as always, he had some excellent input about my writing, and overall he liked it a lot.

I got a bit sidetracked in revising my paper (I ended up wasting a bunch of time just hanging out with people instead of fixing my paper), and got to sleep at about 4.00... which isn't nearly as bad as it sounds since I don't have to wake up until 9.00. I usually go to bed late, anyways.

Basically, college is just amazing... I never would have thought that I'd get to chill with a Professor at 1AM. This is definetely one of the benefits of going to such a small school for undergraduate.

--David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home